An Important Message from IHOP®
To Our Guests,
For more than six decades, IHOP® has been a place to make memories and celebrate precious moments under our iconic blue roof. But for the first time since our doors opened in 1958, we had to pause that tradition to protect the health and safety of our team members and guests in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We’ve been fortunate that the majority of our restaurants continued operating safely and conveniently through IHOP ‘N GO delivery, takeout and new Curbside Pick-Up. We are grateful for your continued support as we find ways to keep serving you the comfort of IHOP during an unfamiliar time.
We have also been inspired by our franchisees, who give back to their local communities in ways big and small, including donating to community groups and frontline workers.
Through it all, we put our relationship with you and the trust you place in us first. That trust is more important now than it’s ever been before, as we prepare to welcome you back into our dining rooms.
We know that safety is important to you. It is to us, too, and we’ve been hard at work putting together a roadmap to ensure every detail is accounted for. Here are some of the steps we’re taking to ensure your safety at IHOP:
- Strict, regimented cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures
- Team members wearing face coverings
- Reduced guest capacity in waiting areas and dining rooms to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitizer bottles or stations available for use upon entrance
- Single-use, disposable paper menus
- Syrups and condiments available upon request in single-use containers
- Ongoing adherence to strict team member health protocols, requiring team members who do not feel well to stay home and seek proper health care
- Requirement of team members to undergo wellness checks prior to their shifts
Things may look slightly different from restaurant to restaurant, as we’ll be following CDC guidelines and state and local mandates. But one thing will remain consistent – protecting you and our team members is our top priority.
This situation is changing every day, and we appreciate your patience and loyalty as our restaurants move toward opening up our dining rooms again. Things will look a little different at IHOP, but I’m confident that we’ll navigate this new normal together in a way that lets everyone safely gather around the booth and pancake together again.
In the meantime, stay safe and be well. We look forward to seeing you soon.