A Note to Our Guests
IHOP® has always been the place for people to pancake together under our blue roof, but for the first time in over six decades, we had to pause that tradition to protect the health and safety of our team members and guests due to COVID-19.
Now, as dining rooms gradually begin to reopen across the country, you’ll notice a few changes when you visit us – it’s all to keep our guests and team members safe, so you can focus on making memories again.
We’re following CDC guidance and complying all federal, state and local mandates, which means things are going to look a bit different – like reduced seating levels for proper social distancing; team members wearing face coverings; daily wellness and temperature checks for team members; syrups and condiments provided in single-use containers; and one-time-use paper menus. Furthermore, we’ve heightened cleaning and disinfecting procedures with a focus on all high-touch areas, in addition to our standard rigorous sanitation protocols.
A few other guidelines (it can’t always be fun and pancakes!) to keep in mind:
- No one with a fever or COVID-19 symptoms is permitted in the restaurant. We’ll see you when you feel better!
- Keep a safe 6-foot distance from other guests. Air hugs and friendly waves across the booth are encouraged.
- Wait outside or in your car for a table, not in the lobby. We’ll let you know you when your table is ready.
- Wash your hands after using the restroom and cough or sneeze in your arm. You were already doing this, right?
- Plus, we’ll make hand sanitizer available for all guests. Use it! Don’t be shy!
Thank you for your understanding and partnership with following these rules. Our priority is keeping everyone safe, because IHOP isn’t IHOP without our guests!
And while a few dining rooms are opening, nearly all of our restaurants nationwide remain open for IHOP ‘N Go via new Curbside Pick-Up and delivery. Click over to IHOP.com to order or open your mobile app.
Stay safe, be well, and we’ll see you soon!