IHOP Complements Its New SIMPLE & FIT Menu Offerings With Online Resource
GLENDALE, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/10/2010 -- IHOP, one of America's favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, has joined Healthy Dining, an innovative program with an online resource that makes it quick and easy for guests to find healthy options while eating out. Available now at HealthyDiningFinder.com, guests can find twelve dietitian-approved IHOP menu items to meet their nutrition needs.
"IHOP understands guests are looking for smart yet simple solutions that balance their craving for delicious meals with their interest in eating right when dining out," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president, marketing. "IHOP's partnership with Healthy Dining is one of several steps we have taken to provide guests with tools to make informed decisions at mealtime."
Today's announcement rounds out IHOP's new menu launch. IHOP has freshened up its signature menu with an exciting new look, helpful nutrition tools and even more lower-calorie options. IHOP now offers more than 30 SIMPLE & FIT under 600 calorie selections including every item on the Just for Kids menu, as well as a number of tips on how to enjoy lower calorie versions of IHOP classics.
"Nutrition-minded diners will appreciate how many entrée options at IHOP meet the Healthy Dining nutrition criteria," said Anita Jones-Mueller, founder/president of Healthy Dining. "HealthyDiningFinder.com takes the guesswork out of identifying healthy choices on the menu and empowers health-conscious guests to make informed decisions."
Whether guests are looking for something sweet or savory for breakfast, lunch or dinner, HealthyDiningFinder.com now features twelve IHOP dishes. Five of these dishes are highlighted on the site's new "Sodium Savvy" section as entrées that contain 750 mg. of sodium or less, and appetizers, side dishes and desserts that contain 250 mg. of sodium or less. The twelve IHOP dishes include:
• SIMPLE & FIT Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Bowl-- A light and refreshing bowl of seasonal fresh fruit topped with low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola (2 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Blueberry Harvest Grain 'N Nut Combo -- Two Harvest Grain 'N Nut pancakes loaded with blueberries and topped with fresh slices of banana. Served with scrambled egg substitute (.75 serving fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Fresh Fruit Crepe -- Two crepes topped with fresh fruit, low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola (1.5 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Whole Wheat French Toast Combo -- Two slices of whole wheat French toast topped with fresh slices of banana. Served with scrambled egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (.75 serving fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Two-Egg Breakfast -- Scrambled egg substitute, two strips of turkey bacon, whole wheat toast and fresh fruit (1 serving fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Two X Two X Two -- Egg substitute with two buttermilk pancakes and two strips of turkey bacon
• SIMPLE & FIT Veggie Omelette with Fresh Fruit -- Made with mushrooms, green peppers, onions and oven-roasted tomatoes (2 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelette with Fresh Fruit -- Made with fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, and is topped with diced tomatoes (2.5 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Simply Chicken Sandwich -- A tender grilled chicken breast on a toasted RomanoParmesan bun with lettuce and fresh tomato includes a side of fresh fruit (1.5 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Take Two Combo with Half Turkey Sandwich and Fresh Fruit -- (1.25 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Grilled Balsamic-Glazed Chicken -- Grilled tender boneless chicken breast topped with sautéed mushrooms, onions, diced tomatoes and a balsamic glaze. Served with a side of broccoli and a house salad with reduced-fat Italian dressing (2.75 servings fruit/veg)
• SIMPLE & FIT Grilled Tilapia -- Seasoned fish grilled to perfection then topped with a medley of sautéed mushrooms, onions and diced tomatoes. Served with a side of broccoli and a house salad with reduced-fat Italian dressing (2.75 servings fruit/veg)
In addition to the nutritional information for specific items available on HealthyDiningFinder.com, nutritional information for IHOP menu items is available at IHOP.com.
To find an IHOP restaurant near you, please visit www.ihop.com. Follow IHOP on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ihop.
ABOUT HEALTHY DINING
Since 1990, Healthy Dining's culinary nutrition experts have been guiding and inspiring chefs and restaurateurs to create and serve a selection of Healthy Dining menu options. A leader in restaurant nutrition, the company works with hundreds of restaurants and has analyzed thousands of menu items for nutrient content. In collaboration with the National Restaurant Association, Healthy Dining leads the largest-ever restaurant industry nutrition initiative. Through HealthyDiningFinder.com, the only resource of its kind, Americans can find dietitian-approved, Healthy Dining menu options and view corresponding nutrient information (calories, fat, etc.) for restaurants that span fast food to fine dining, coast to coast. The site is promoted to the growing segment of health- and weight-conscious consumers through employers, health organizations, health insurance companies, weight control programs, fitness centers, the media, and much more. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided partial funding for the development of the initiative.
For 52 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. The first IHOP opened in Toluca Lake, Calif. in 1958, and as of September 30, 2010, there were 1,483 IHOPs in 50 states and the District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. IHOP restaurants are franchised and operated by Glendale, Calif.-based International House of Pancakes, LLC and its affiliates. International House of Pancakes, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).